Winter is here and with it comes a wide variety of activities in Snowmass for those of all ages and interests.
Here are our favorite activities for your next Snowmass vacation.
Snowmass Winter Activities
1. Skiing & Snowboarding — It goes without saying that skiing and snowboarding are the centerpieces of winter activities in Snowmass. Snowmass is larger than the other three Aspen Snowmass mountains combined. It features terrain appropriate for the beginner to the expert skier making it a destination for all. Learn more about skiing and snowboarding in Snowmass and see the latest snow report.
2. Snow Tubing — Take sledding to the next level with snow tubing. This activity is available at The Meadows at Elk Camp on Snowmass. Enjoy tubing during the day or on Ullr Nights and special occasions, under the lights in the evening. Learn more about tubing in Snowmass.
3. Ice Skating — A scene from fairytales, the Snowmass Village ice rink is the backdrop for a wintery wonderland on the ice. The rink is open daily for skating for all ages. Learn more about skating in Snowmass.
4. Alpine Coaster — A seven-and-a-half minute, 400-foot vertical plummet down the slopes in a coaster car. Known as “The Breathtaker” this ride is popular amongst tourists. Open from 10a-4p, this experience is inclusive in design for all ages and abilities. Learn more about the Breathtaker Alpine Coaster.
5. Snowmobiling — A real adrenaline rush this Snowmass winter activity is a fan favorite. Guests return simply to partake in this thrilling experience, so reserve early. Learn more about snowmobiling in Aspen Snowmass.
6. Snowmass Lanes & Lounge — Bowling anyone? Come out of the snow for a few lanes of bowling. More than a bowling alley, Snowmass Lanes & Lounge boasts a lounge area, a kid-free nightclub after 8:30p, and offers a full bar and kitchen.
7. Ullr Nights — Only available during peak winter months. Each Friday evening the gondola hoists visitors up the mountain to honor the Nordic God of Snow, Ullr. All of the best Snowmass winter activities play out under the cover of darkness and are serenaded by live music. Learn more.
8. Snowbiking — Think mountain biking with skies instead of wheels. Take the gondola to the top of Elk Camp and make your way down with an instructor for the first few passes. Then take to the trails solo for a mind-blowing snowy experience. Learn more about snowbiking at Snowmass.
9. Swimming & Hot Tubbing — You may be surprised to see swimming and hot tubbing on a list of winter activities in Snowmass. The Snowmass Recreation Center is home to a heated saltwater pool, lap lanes, and a hot tub. Enjoy 360-degree views and fresh air while swimming in Snowmass.
10. Nordic Skiing — The Aspen Snowmass Nordic System includes 90 km of cross country ski and snowshoe trails between Aspen, Snowmass, and Basalt. And the trails are free! Rent your gear at the Snowmass Cross Country Center and hit the trails.
Winter activities abound in Snowmass and we can’t wait for you to experience it all. Explore our Snowmass vacation rentals and reserve your spot in this winter wonderland sooner than later. Don’t miss the chance to indulge in these winter activities in Snowmass this winter.